- Treatment of the affected area should begin immediately upon discovery. The more time that elapses before treatment, the more difficult a stain will be to remove. For best results, us Mohawk FloorCare Essentials Carpet Spot Remover and Cleaning Kit.
- First scrape food spill gently with a spoon or dull knife – or a Mohawk Carpet Cleaning Key, removing as much solid materials as possible.
- Apply Mohawk Floorcare Essentials Spot Remover or other low residue carpet spot remover that has obtained the Carpet and Rug Institute Seal of Approval to the stain.
- Abnormally large or excessive stains may require hot water extraction method. Professional cleaning is recommended.
- Important – Do not use any cleaner with a PH of 10 or higher. Always test cleaners on a small, non-visible area for any discoloration of the pile before using.
- Mohawk recommends using the Mohawk FloorCare Essentials line of Cleaning products and tools for best overall results and product safety. These products are non-toxic, leave no soapy residue, and feature proprietary technology developed for the entire family of Mohawk flooring products.
- Even with regular vacuuming, soil particles and oily dirt will cling to the carpet fibers. With foot traffic these particles and oily dirt are driven deep into the carpet. We recommend professional hot water extraction every 12 to 18 months using cleaning products, equipment or systems that carry the Carpet & Rug Institute Seal of Approval. Periodic cleaning using the hot water extraction method performed by a certified carpet care professional, will refresh carpet appearance.
- The most used areas, such as entrances, doorways, traffic lanes, and in front of chairs will collect dirt faster than other areas. Clean these areas as they begin to show soil. This will stop dirt from spreading and will extend the time between professional cleaning.