One of the most crucial areas of carpet maintenance is removal of spots and spills. Acting quickly when anything is dropped or spilled, and always having the necessary cleaning materials at hand are of the utmost importance. We recommend a “WoolClean Spot Removal Kit,” which can be purchased from a Wools of New Zealand Partner Retailer. Call 800-367-0462 or check the Wools website at www.woolsnz.com for the Partner Retailer nearest you.
Frequent vacuuming is a wool carpet’s best friend.
- An upright vacuum with a beater bar/brush is the best type for cut pile carpet. A suction-only vacuum may be required for loop pile Berber carpets to prevent excessive fuzzing.
Vacuum cleaner dust bag should be emptied when half full.
- Exercise prevention maintenance by placing absorbent mats at the most frequently used entrances to your home. Change or launder when these mats become dirty. Filters in your heating and air conditioning systems should be changed regularly.
- Periodically clean traffic lanes and the areas in front of frequently used chairs with an absorbent powder (such as Host®, Dri-Matic® or Capture®).
- Keep absorbent cloth or paper towels and cleaning solutions on hand for quick response to spills and accidents.
- DO NOT apply stain repellent treatments which contain any silicone as they tend to accelerate carpet soiling. (Some carpet manufacturers do not accept responsibility for complaints where such treatments have been used.) When having your wool carpet professionally cleaned, use a “WoolCare Specialist”.